FAITH VERSUS FEAR
by Bernard Smalls
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. Job 3:25 (King James Version)
The emphasis to teach faith is consuming my spirit. There is far too much fear among those that love God! The main thing I want you to realize is the part fear plays in Satan's tactics. HE USES FEAR TO CONTROL AND DOMINATE. HE CANNOT AFFECT YOU WITHOUT THE FORCE OF FEAR JUST AS GOD CANNOT AFFECT YOU WITHOUT THE FORCE OF FAITH.
Fear is so much a part of daily life that we don't even realize it most of the time. Since I started teaching this series I have been extra sensitive to hearing people say; I was afraid of that...what I'm afraid of is...that really scares me...that scared me to death...Our vocabulary is loaded with fear in America because we have been unconsciously trained by a Satan influenced system.
I am not referring so much to the extreme fears that occur as a result of sudden shock; but to the fears that people act on unknowingly every day. Satan uses these little fears every way possible to keep people under his control.
THE FORCE OF FEAR
The force of fear works in the human body even without our awareness. It is a spiritual force so it can operate in the flesh without being detected. People of God act on the force of fear so proficiently that it goes unchecked.
FEAR AND FAITH CANNOT OPERATE AT THE SAME TIME! This is very powerful. You cannot operate in faith and fear at the same time. Which are you acting in now? What are your fears? Remember, Job said that which I have so greatly fear has come upon me (Job 3: 25). Are you operating in faith or fear? They are both spiritual forces. When one is acted on, it takes ascendancy and negates the other. Fear will produce sickness and disease in your body the same way faith produces healing. People who are desperately sick are also desperately afraid. Job said, "That which I have so greatly feared has come upon me." Fear will bring bondage. Romans 8:15 says, "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba Father."
THE FEAR OF DEATH
Hebrews 2:13-14 says, "Forasmuch then as children are partakers of flesh and blood, He (Jesus) also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had power of death, that is the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage."
The phrase "fear of death" does not just mean a fear of dying. There is more to it than that. It is referring to the law of sin and death, which covers everything that destroys and steals from you. When you operate under that law, fear is manifested in all its forms to bring sickness and disease, financial failure, worry and death. The law of Sin and Death produces all failure. For instance, fear has caused some of you to stop giving because of the winds of the economy. If you find yourself saying or thinking; I am afraid "if I give this offering or pay my tithe, I won't make it," you need a breakthrough! The key to your breakthrough is to do the thing you fear and give!
3 Action Steps to Conquer Fear!
1. Stop the fear now!
2. Choose faith and negate fear!
3. Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain!
2 Timothy 1: 7 says; For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a SOUND MIND! Don't let fear control you!
Live Big,
Bernard
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment